Our Eczema Story
5 Best Treatments for Lip Eczema – Eczematous Cheilitis
Is (Eczematous Cheilitis) contagious?
“Like all forms of eczema, it is not contagious or infectious. The hardest part of having eczema on your lips is the physical appearance and debilitating effect it has on your mental wellbeing and your relationship.” – Eczema On Your Lips
Lip Eczema Symptoms
Lip eczema may appear similar to chapped lips but there are a true number of differentiating symptoms to look out for:
- Itching or sensation that is burning
- Red-Rash on or around the lips
- Swollen-looking skin
- Change of pigmentation
What Causes Lip Eczema?
People usually develop eczema around lips or on for different reasons. For some, it’s a total result of environmental factors such as chemicals found in lip products. For others, it’s due to genetics. It may even develop as a total result of the habitual licking of the lips. While the trigger that is exactly unique for each person, here are some common triggers to watch out for:
- A sensitivity to weather that is extreme
- A family history of eczema or allergies
- Cigarette smoke
- Specific foods
- Irritants in soaps or house-hold products
- Change in hormone levels
Best Treatments for Lip Eczema
We firmly believe that natural products are the most methods that are effective in fighting eczema. By eliminating harsh toxins to your contact, you reduce the likelihood that your skin will flare-up because of a bad reaction. Besides, chemicals tend to dry your skin out which is the last thing you want if you’re suffering from eczema.
Here are some of our favorite products that are naturally treating eczema:
1) Organic Manuka Skin-Soothing Cream
Containing only six ingredients, this balm is creamy soothing for all types of eczema. Itchy eyelids? Itchy elbows? Itchy knees? No problem – this skin-soothing cream can be applied anywhere on the body. Because of the oil that is olive beeswax, it’s gentle and nourishing and will not cause stinging or burning. Plus, manuka honey is known to have antibacterial properties. Finally, there are absolutely no preservatives that are added fillers – talk about au natural!
2) Organic Calendula Lip Balm
Natural and nourishing are the words we use to describe this soothing lip balm. With only three ingredients, it’s hard to describe it any other way. Calendula, beeswax, and vitamin E are all that is needed to supply the moisture to your lips they crave. Calendula is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory as well.
You can also try these home remedies for lip eczema if you’re looking for quick relief for irritated lips: Courtesy of
3) Coconut Oil
It’s no secret that coconut oil provides relief that is soothing inflamed or irritated skin as it is found in a variety of natural treatments. Like calendula, it is also antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. For optimal results, use a virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil.
Our Top Choice!
Best For Pets
Salt can be irritating for eczema, so we vouch for sugar instead of salt if you are planning to use a scrub as a lip eczema treatment. It’s the scrub that is perfect for dry lips. You can even use sugar that is brown cane sugar if you prefer a larger grain.
5) Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is well-known for its cooling effect on red, itchy skin. If using aloe vera, try to stay away from gels as they typically contain alcohol and other ingredients that are drying aren’t good for your skin. For soothing relief, simply break a piece off of the plant and rub it directly on your lips.
Our Top Pick!
Infinite Aloe Skin-Care
Other favorite products!
Puriya Dry Cracked Sensitive Skin Moisturizer -Award Winning – Trusted by 300,000 Families – Plant Rich Instant Lasting Relief. Hydrates and Softens Rough Skin. Intensive Body, Hand, Foot, Face Cream
- Moisturize and Revitalizes Your Skin: Formulated with nourishing, plant rich extracts such as honey, Shea butter, aloe vera, amaranth oil, and jojoba oil, this moisturizing cream renews, revitalizes and restores your skin’s moisture
- Combats Itchy Skin, Rashes, Dryness and Redness: The moisturizing cream provides fast relief from itchy skin, rashes, dryness, and redness. Feel the rough, cracked patches of your skin soften, while strengthening your skin’s natural barrier
- Lightweight and Non Greasy Formula: The creamy lotion goes deep into each part of the body, face, hand, foot, knees, etc. for lasting hydration you can feel. It is non greasy and lightweight. It is formulated without parabens, artificial fragrance or harsh chemicals, making it safe for people with sensitive skin
- Clinically Tested, Dermatologist Reviewed: This cream underwent clinical testing to ensure there is no potential for skin irritation. Use this skin cream with confidence to soothe, moisturize and nourish irritated skin
- Quality You Can Trust: Awarded the “Family Tested Family Approved” seal, you’ll be sure to love this advanced plant rich moisturizer. This cream is like a daily vitamin for your skin. Formulated with herbal ingredients and superfoods, it replenishes and revitalizes skin. Proudly made in USA from domestically and globally sourced ingredients and components
Neosporin Eczema Essentials Daily Moisturizing Cream, 6 Oz
- Restores visibly healthier skin in just 3 days
- Colloidal oatmeal protects skin and relieves irritation
- Clinically proven to relieve itch due to eczema on contact
- Steroid, fragrance, and antibiotic free
- Approved by the National Eczema Association
Raw African Shea Butter 32 oz Jar Bulk Unrefined Grade A 100% Pure Natural Ivory/White From Ghana DIY Crafts, Body, Lotion, Cream, lip Balm, Soap Making, Eczema, Psoriasis And Aid Stretch Marks
- # 1 NATURAL SKINCARE MOISTURIZER ON EARTH – HEAL – PROTECT – MOISTURIZE
- Daily skin moisturizer / Face and Body / Dry skin relief / Dry scalp Blemishes and wrinkles / Sunburn / Soften tough skin on feet (especially heels)Stretch mark prevention during pregnancy / Eczema / Reduce blemishes and scarring
- Contains essential fatty acids & vitamins A, D, E, & F that provide antioxidants & assist with UV Ray Protection.* Imported from West African Country of Ghana * Then packaged in a super Quality controlled Facility! * Soft, Clean, Pure, & Ivory / Tan Colored – Raw, Unrefined & Virgin (Used this way in Africa for centuries!) * The Best packaging On The Market – Always with Added UV Protection
- Shea butter has been used to help heal burns, sores, scars, dermatitis, psoriasis, dandruff, and stretch marks. It may also help diminish wrinkles by moisturizing the skin, promoting cell renewal, and increasing circulation. Shea butter also contains cinnamic acid, a substance that helps protect the skin from harmful UV rays. Shea butter is a effective moisturizer because contains fatty acids, which are needed to retain skin moisture and elasticity.
- Common Uses: body, hair, feet, hands, skin, face, eczema, psoriasis, stretch marks, acne, skincare, rashes, toner, dry skin, itchy scalp, itchy skin, Skin Hydrating, Sensitive Skin
Shea Brand | Natural Lip Balm | Regenerative Lip Therapy | For Dry & Cracked Lips | 100% Organic Ingredients | Environmentally Friendly Container (Peppermint)
- NATURAL & ORGANIC: Made from all 100% natural certified organic ingredients, peppermint essential oil cools and invigorates, shea butter regenerates, coconut oil nourishes, beeswax protects. This lip balm will quickly become your go to for soft, long lasting, kissable lips.
- NO HARMFUL CHEMICALS: We believe in making safest products on the market that can be used by everyone. Our products do not contain the following harmful chemicals or toxins like petroleum, SLS, PG derivative, no fillers or synthetic fillers.
- POWERFUL & SIMPLE: We use a simple blend of ingredients, when combine create a power synergy that hydrate, invigorate, repair, protect, nourish and soothe lips. This blend is specifically created for cracked and dry lips by stimulating microcirculation beneath the skin.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: We only use minimal plastic which is 100% recyclable and features a waste reducing push-pop mechanism . All Shea Brand products are cruelty free and ethically sourced.
- SHEA BRAND PROMISE: Our powerful, chemical free formulas are made with ancient tried and tested all natural ingredients from around the world. We ethically source pure high quality botanicals, butters and essential oils in the most simple and effective way possible.
Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Medicated Moisturizing Lip Balm – 2 Tubes
- LIP CARE: Renew your lips with Burt’s Bees Medicated Lip Balm to temporarily relieve the pain and itching associated with cold sores and fever blisters
- MOISTURIZE: Infused with butters and nourishing oils including Eucalyptus extract, hydrate and sooth dry lips
- MEDICATED LIP BALM: Containing 0.9% Menthol, just one swipe of this conditioning lip treatment will ease discomfort
- ALL NATURAL: Enriched with 100% natural ingredients, this natural lip balm is formulated without parabens, phthalates, petrolatum or SLS
- LIP BALM 2 PACK: Specially formulated to cool and calm lips with natures touch, this medicated lip balm is the perfect moisturizing relief you’ve been looking for
Flexitol Lip Balm, 0.35 Ounce Tube (3 Pack)
- LIP BALM: Flexitol Lip Balm is formulated with 2.5% urea to hydrate & soften severely dry, cracked, flaky, & chapped lips. Our unique, steroid-free balm helps restore soft, healthy-looking lips. Not waxy or sticky.
- PREVENT & TREAT: Help prevent peeling, flaky, itchy lips and relieve painful cracked & chapped lips with this steroid-free formulation. Non-addictive and non-habit forming, menthol & camphor provide cooling relief.
- USAGE & CONDITIONS: Flexitol Lip Balm can be beneficial to those dealing with chapped & peeling lips caused by chemotherapy, Accutane, isotretinoin, orthodontics, braces, lip licking, smoking & dehydration.
- INGREDIENTS: Flexitol products are made with clinically-proven & nourishing ingredients like urea, glycolic acid & lanolin and nourishing ingredients like vitamin E, aloe vera & shea butter.
- SKINCARE SOLUTIONS: Say goodbye to dry, cracked feet, rough hands, very dry skin, & chapped lips. Help maintain healthy skin with Flexitol’s range of products including lotions, creams & lip balms.
You May Also Enjoy Our Article: Eczema On Your Lips? What’s The Cure?
Do you suffer from lip eczema? Let us know what treatments or home remedies you use below!
This Blog Post is Originally from 5 Best Treatments for Lip Eczema – Eczematous Cheilitis & Written by Jason Eisler